City of Moose Jaw
A look at community events happening this week.
• The Woodcrafters Guild of Moose Jaw will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. in the home ec room at Riverview Collegiate. Anyone interested in woodcraft of any type is invited to attend. For more information, contact Gerry at 306-693-0671.
• Cosmo Jam Sessions will have billiards every Monday at 6 p.m.
• Cosmo Jam Sessions will be every Tuesday at the Cosmo Senior Citizens Centre in January, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Cost is $2.
• Common Ground, grief support for women who have experienced the loss of their husband, will be at W.J. Jones & Son Family Resource Centre, 262 Athabasca St. E., 10-11:30 a.m. To register, call Brenda at 306-691-4715.
• The United Church men’s group will have a Shrove Tuesday pancake dinner, 5-7 p.m. in the social hall at St. Andrew’s United Church. There will be a free will offering. Everyone is invited to attend.
• The Kinsmen Sportsplex will have Try-it-out-Tuesdays every Tuesday in February from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. During the 7-9 p.m. public swim, try out a different piece of equipment assisted by the lifeguard staff.
• The Buttons and Bows Square and Round Dance Club will have guest callers Dwayne and Donna Barber of Swift Current in the social hall of St. Andrew’s Church in the social hall of St. Andrew’s Church, 7:30-9:30 p.m. Lunch will follow and cost is $5 per person.
• The library book club will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Moose Jaw Public Library. The featured book this month is Rules of Civility by Amor Towles, which is about a young woman with an uncommon sense of purpose. Copies are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the library. Admission is free and everyone is welcome.
• The Moose Jaw Right to Life will begin the public vigil to pray for unborn babies and ending abortion as the start of the 40 days for life campaigns held around the world. The vigil will be at their office, 107 Main St. from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. The campaign runs until April 13. The campaign is asking people to commit an hour a day from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. each day during the campaign if possible.
• iPad Basics with September Brooke will be at the Moose Jaw Public Library as a two-part class. The first session is at 2:30 p.m. and the second session is at 7 p.m. All session will be at the library. Admission is free, but registration is required. Register online at www.moosejawlibrary.ca or by phone at 306-692-2787.
• Movie night for youth aged 10 to 18 will be at the Moose Jaw Public Library at 6:30 p.m. The movie will be the animated comedy Hotel Transylvania starring Adam Sandler as Dracula. No registration is required and admission is free.
• Arthritis Chronic Pain Management Workshop, a presentation on the way to relive when arthritis pain takes over, will be at 7 p.m. It will be available at the following Five Hills Health Region (FHHR) telehealth sites: Moose Jaw, Assiniboia, Gravelbourg, Rockglen and Central Butte. For more information, contact Lisa Taylor, regional telehealth consultant with the FHHR at 306-691-2635 or email@example.com.
• Avid Knittters: Learn to Knit, Love to Knit with guest Barb Silvester will be at 2:30 p.m. at the Moose Jaw Public Library. Bring projects, yarn and needles for an afternoon of knitting and instruction will be provided for those wanting to learn to knit. Admission is free.
• Cosmo Seniors Centre will have billiards every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
• Until March 15 there will be free public skating on Fridays at the Wally Boshuck Arena, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• There will be free swims on Fridays at the Kinsmen Sportsplex. The family and lap swim will be from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., the public swim will be from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and the teen swim for youth aged 12 to 18 will be from 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Chicago will perform at Mosaic Place at 8 p.m.
• The military whist tournament at Cosmo Senior Citizens Centre will be at 10 a.m. Teams must consist of four players. Cost is $10.
• Regular public skating, 2-3 p.m. at the Kinsmen Arena and 7-8 p.m. at Wally Boshuck Arena. Cost is $2.30 for children aged three to 12, $2.70 for youth ages 13 to 17, $4.05 for adults over age 18 and $8.65 for families.
• Just Dance Tournament, a first-ever dance challenge for youth aged 10 to 18, will be at the Moose Jaw Public Library at 3 p.m. No registration is required and admission is free.
• First annual Spring Sparkle and Shine Salute to Women PRISM Awards for excellent female businesswomen will be at 6:30 p.m. in the SIAST Macoun Lounge in Moose Jaw. For tickets, call Wrapture Spa at 306-692-4341.
• 15 Wing Fellowship presents the first annual Musical Swing 8 at Timothy Eaton’s Auditorium, 7-10 p.m. There will be a silver collection donation taken in support of the Military Family Resource Centre. The evening acts will include musical acts, a 50/50 draw, refreshments, cake and door prizes. For more information, contact Joyce Walter at 306-692-7357 or Gord Johnson at 306-692-0072.
• Moose Jaw Town and Country Singles Dance will be from 8 p.m. to midnight at the Church of Our Lady community centre. A midnight lunch is included and the band is Al & Company. Married couples are welcome. Cost is $12. For more information, call Marion at 306-691-6634.
• Regular public skating, 6:15-7:15 p.m. at the Kinsmen Sportsplex and 2:15-3:15 p.m. at Wally Boshuck Arena. The Kinsmen will have an adult-only skate, 7:30-8:30 p.m. Cost is $2.30 for children aged three to 12, $2.70 for youth ages 13 to 17, $4.05 for adults over age 18 and $8.65 for families.