Moose Jaw's rock band memories wanted

Rebecca Lawrence
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Read more in a future Times-Herald edition.

Organizations: Witness

Geographic location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Toronto Saskatoon Regina Temple Gardens Canada

• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments

Recent comments

• Allan Aussant
    November 20, 2013 - 19:25

Wow i remember all these bands!!! Also a band from Moose-Jaw that was called "Moose-Jaw" great band. Thanks Allan Delaye for memories of Hernandos Hideaway....I'm an old musician from Moose-Jaw now living in Fort-Worth Texas. Allan Delaye if you ever see this you might remember me from a band we had called R.I.P(Rest In Peace) also a band from Moose-Jaw.....you(drums)...me Allan(guitar and vocals)...Joe(bass)...Brian(guitar and vocals). Love the memories!!! Loved the Andantes!!!

• GEORGE
    July 12, 2012 - 11:58

I remember Kenny Shields playing with A Group Called Mudd - even had a poster for the dance that they were playing at Vanier Collegiate in 1974. Great band and you could see that Kenny was a great frontman (later of course for Streetheart - one of the last bands to play Temple Gardens before it was torn down at the end of the 70's).

• ALLAN DELAYE
      March 13, 2013 - 16:42

Wow I forgot about Mozart and the Wolfgang. Thanks for that great memory. I think the Brown Bros converted to the Bahai faith. Am I remembering that correctly?? I might be a little older than you guys but does anybody remember Hernandos hideaway? In the basement of St. Josephs church. A few more band names: The Andantes added horns and became Wascana. Another band: Charlotte. A Saskatoon band named Junior and Dudley Dean, and yes A Group called Mudd were really great. Great memories....

• Ken Nyeste
    February 12, 2012 - 21:09

I also agree with the previous two comments, Mozart and the Wolf Gang supposedly the best band, too bad they did not stick together and go far.I loved and miss those days, especially Temple Gardens (too bad they tore it down). I hope someone rebuilds it someday soon.

• That Guy
    October 20, 2011 - 16:33

Kenny Shields and Witness may have been slick and popular in the same sense as Herman's Hermits but Moose Jaw's own Mozart and the Wolfgang was heads and tails above Witness for pure rock and roll entertainment. Just my opinion.

• Jim
      December 21, 2011 - 12:43

I could not agree more with the statement that Mozart and the Wolf gang was truly one of the top bands ever to come out of the province. Won't ever forget the Brown brothers rendition of "Bernadette" by the Four Tops or "Crosstown Traffic" by Hendrix.... It just does not get any better.... what talent!!!!!