Moose Jaw Police Service
Police had 42 calls for service in the 24-hour period between Monday, April 30, beginning at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 7 a.m. Tuesday morning. Among the calls were the following: An investigation is still ongoing with an attempted break and enter reported Monday morning on the 1100 block of Ominica Street East.
• A truck window was smashed on the 1200 block of Warner Street, causing $400 in damage.
• A theft of liquor and still under investigation occurred on Manitoba Street East.
• On the 0 block of First Avenue Northwest, an adult male was later charged with possession of a controlled substance.
• A report of a stolen wallet from a vehicle occurring on the 800 block of Fifth Avenue Northwest.
• A domestic arguement was mediated on the 300 block of Stadacona Street West.
• At the corner of Ninth Avenue Northwest and Caribou Street West, a two vehicle collision occurred causing $5,000 in damage. No injuries reported and one driver was charged with following too close.
• At 0 block of Fairford Street East, a hit and run causing minor damages is still under investigation.
• Early Tuesday morning youths were found tampering with vehicles on the 1100 block of Thirteenth Avenue Northwest. They were arrested and charged.
• At 1:52 a.m. on Indigo Crescent, an unknown person was reported prowling in a back yard.
• An adult driver received a 24 hour suspension on Thatcher Drive East.