Police had 40 calls for service in the 24-hour period between Wednesday, May 2, beginning at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 7 a.m. Thursday morning. Among the calls were the following: $1,500 in damages was the result of a hit and run on the 1200 block of Hoch Street West.
• Another hit and run resulting in $1,000 in damage occurred on the 200 block of Fairford Street West.
• Police are still investigating a case of fraud/impersonation, received from the 1000 block of Carlton Street.
• On the 500 block of First Avenue Northwest, a hit and run occurred causing $1,000 in damages.
• At 2:53 p.m. police received a call towards a theft of tires worth $250 from the 500 block of Thatcher Drive East.
• A domestic dispute was mediated on the 800 block of Fifth Avenue Northwest.
• On the 800 block of Coteau Street West a single vehicle collision resulting in $1,500 in damages. No injuries or charges reported.
• On the 400 block of Diefenbaker Drive, personal items were stolen from a vehicle along with the vehicle being damaged, resulting in a loss of $400.
May 13 – 19 is Bicycle Safety Week in Saskatchewan. We would like to remind cyclists and motorists to use caution while on the streets. Also May 14 – 21 is Canada Road Safety Week. The Moose Jaw Police Service will be putting forth extra efforts on road safety. This includes focus on seatbelt use, distracted driving, aggressive driving and impaired driving.