Moose Jaw Police Service
The Moose Jaw Fire Department responded to three calls on Sunday.
• At 2:40 p.m. engines were already on the scene at Crescent Park for a code blue emergency.
• Engines responded to a false alarm on the 100 block of Fairford Street West.
• A false alarm was responded to on the 1600 block of Hastings Street.
On Sunday, the Moose Jaw Police Service executed a search warrant on South Hill. As a result of the search, police seized approximately $3,000 worth of cocaine, a quantity of morphine and approximately $1,200 in cash.
A 32-year-old person has been charged with trafficking cocaine, possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking; and possession of morphine for the purpose of trafficking. The investigation is ongoing and other charges may be forthcoming.
Moose Jaw Police Service received 44 calls between 7 a.m. Sunday and 7 a.m. Monday.
• A counterfeit $20 was discovered on the 0 block of Fairford Street East, and is under investigation.
• A dispute was mediated on the 500 block of Laurier Street.
• A report of a damaged fence and truck were received at 3:52 p.m. occurring on the 1300 block of Warner Street; resulting in $300 in damage to the fence and $1,500 in damage to the truck. Police are investigating.
• An erratic driver on Main Street North at Highway One was warned of their driving actions.
• A person was charged with shoplifting on the 500 block of Thatcher Drive East.
• A person driving dangerously on the 1200 block of Main Street North was warned.
• Moose Jaw Police Service assisted another police agency with a disturbance on the 900 block of Lillooet Street West, where a person was located.
• On the 1000 block of Sixth Avenue Northwest, an adult was warned of the city noise bylaw.
• Two people were charged with breach of court orders and three people were arrested on five outstanding warrants.