Two houses go up in flames on Warner Street

Carter
Carter Haydu
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Moose Jaw Fire Department tackles a blaze on the 1000 block of Warner Street on Friday, Aug. 31, 2012.

Two houses went up in flames on the 1000 block of Warner Street early Friday evening

While standing across the street from the smoldering wood of the house he was living in with his pregnant girlfriend and stepson, Moose Jaw’s Cody Walton was relieved everyone got out OK. However, he told the Times-Herald a house fire was a most upsetting thing to find while coming home from work, and he is worried about where his family will be staying now.

“I don’t know what happens. I’ve never been through this before.”

He said he has family in Moose Jaw and will probably find someplace to stay for the time being, but that is just a temporary fix to his problem.

“It’s brutal.”

As of 7:50 p.m. on Friday, fortunately, Moose Jaw Fire Department Cmndr. Norm Hales said crews had the fire basically under control, as a 15-person crew tackled the double-house blaze from all angles.

Also most fortunately, he said, it appears all residents of the two homes were safely evacuated.

For more on this story, read an upcoming edition of the Times-Herald.

Organizations: Times-Herald

Geographic location: Warner Street, Moose Jaw

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments