Assault causing bodily harm
• On Thursday, police received a report of an assault at 1:30 a.m. at the zero block of High Street West. This resulted in a male requiring treatment for minor injuries at Union Hospital; and also an investigation of willful damage to a business as the glass store front window was broke during the scuffle. Police are still investigating.
Break and Enter
• On Thursday, police received a report of a break and enter in progress at 2:45 a.m. at a convenience store on South Hill. Suspects broke into the store and stole an undetermined amount of merchandise. The break and enter is still under investigation.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or Moose Jaw Police Service at 694-7600.
Moose Jaw Fire Department received three calls for service between 7 a.m. on Wednesday and 7 a.m. on Thursday.
• Engines responded to the rural municipality west of the city for an overheated piece of machinery.
• The department responded to a hazmat call at the intersection of Algoma and Saskatchewan Street West.
• Engines responded to a grass fire at 15 Wing at 1:49 p.m.
Moose Jaw Police Service received 55 calls between 7 a.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m. Wednesday.
• A prohibited driver was issued a ticket for having an invalid licence on the 800 block of Lillooet Street West.
• Mischief to a vehicle is being investigated on the Zero block of Goldenglow Drive.
• Police assisted EMS in transporting a person from Manitoba Street East at Second Avenue Northeast to Union Hospital by EMS.
• A hit and run is being investigated on the 1000 block of Carleton Street.
• Police are investigating a report of a dangerous driver on the 1200 block of Wolfe Avenue.
• An intoxicated person was detained until sober on the Zero block of Fairford Street West.
• Police mediated a landlord/tenant dispute on the 500 block of Saskatchewan Street West.
• A two vehicle collision on High Street West at First Avenue Northwest resulted in $12,000 in damage and no injuries.
• Police mediated a family dispute on Flax Road.
• A report of threats was investigated and mediated on the 600 block of Stadacona Street East.
• Police mediated a dispute on the Zero block of Aster Crescent.
• An act of mischief involving a door and windshield on a vehicle is being investigated on the 1000 block of Bogue Avenue.
• Police are investigating a report of a dangerous driver on the 1100 block of Redland Avenue.
• Police assisted EMS in transporting a person to Union Hospital on the 900 block of Home Street West.
• One person was charged with breach of a court order and five people were arrested on nine outstanding warrants.