Members of the Moose Jaw Police Service responded to a total of 38 calls between 7 a.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday, including the following:
• A two-vehicle collision was reported at Coteau Street West and Fifth Avenue Southwest at 7:48 a.m. Thursday, resulting in no injuries and $10,000 in damage. One driver was charged with proceeding at a stop sign before it was safe to do so.
• A second two-vehicle collision was reported at High Street West and First Avenue Northwest at 9:03 a.m., resulting in one minor injury and $50,000 in damage. One driver was charged with disobeying a red light.
• A third two-vehicle collision was reported at First Avenue Northwest and Athabasca Street West at 10:59 a.m., resulting in no injuries and $5,000 in damage. One driver was charged with disobeying a red light.
• A dispute on the 900 block of Ominica Street West was mediated at 12:19 p.m., while a dispute on the 900 block of Carleton Street at 3:21 p.m. remains under investigation.
• A hit-and-run incident was reported on the 300 block of MacDonald Street at 2:12 p.m., resulting in $2,000 in damage. The incident remains under investigation.
• A break-and-enter was reported on the 900 block of Albert Street at 4:39 p.m. Two males have been arrested and held for court.
• Police were called to assist an elderly woman on the 1200 block of Main Street North at 6:28 p.m. She was left with care home staff.
• An incident involving an unwanted guest on the 200 block of Grandview Street was mediated at 9:02 p.m. A similar incident was mediated in the same location just over an hour later.
• A break-and-enter was reported on Wellington Drive at 9:59 p.m. Nothing was taken. The incident remains under investigation.
• An incident of assault was reported on the 900 block of Carleton Street at 10:04 p.m. The incident remains under investigation.
• Police responded to a report of erratic driving at the intersection of Caribou Street East and Highway 1 East at 6:17 a.m. The driver was given a warning.
• One person was charged with six breaches of court orders, and three people were arrested on four outstanding warrants.
Members of the Moose Jaw Fire Department responded to a multi-vehicle collision at the intersection of Coteau Street West and Fifth Avenue Southwest at 8:04 a.m. Thursday.
At 9:07 a.m., members attended to a second multi-vehicle collision at High Street West and First Avenue Southwest. This incident required the use of the Jaws of Life.
A false alarm was received on the 100 block of Mustang Trail at 5:27 p.m.
At 12:37 a.m. Friday, the fire department assisted Moose Jaw & District EMS with a medical call on the zero block of Wood Lily Drive.