The following items are on the agenda for Tuesday’s inaugural council meeting at city hall:
• Mayor-elect Deb Higgins and all other councillors will take their oath of office sworn before Judge M.T. Gordon
• Higgins will present departing council members with plaques
• Council will discuss a report regarding the results of the 2012 municipal and school board elections
• Council will review a report regarding an upcoming public meeting of the development appeals board scheduled for Nov. 20 at 5 p.m. at city hall.
• Council will consider a report regarding three applications for variances under the zoning bylaw.
• The secretary development appeals board will present a report regarding the decisions of the development appeals board and a report regarding notice of the development appeals board meeting, which is scheduled for Oct. 16.
• The city clerk/solicitor’s department will present a report regarding filling on an interim basis, the vacancies on various boards, committees and commissions from the recent election.
• Council will consider two motions to appoint Coun. Dawn Luhning as chairperson of the executive committee and to appoint Coun. Don Mitchell as chairperson of the personnel committee. In both cases, the term is effective until Dec. 31 and/or until a successor is appointed.