Moose Jaw Police Service
The Moose Jaw Fire Department responded to a rubbish fire on River Street East at 6:59 p.m. on Friday.
The Moose Jaw Police Service responded to 43 calls between 7 a.m. Friday and 7 a.m. Saturday. The calls included:
• Police responded to the 800 block of Eighth Avenue Northwest to assist EMS with a patient at 7:04 a.m. Friday.
• There was a hit and run at the zero block of Thatcher Drive East at 9:50 a.m. There was minor damage to a vehicle parked in the parking lot. It is still under investigation.
• Police received a report of a theft of taillights off a vehicle at 10:42 a.m. on the 400 block of River Street East. Estimated loss is $225 and it is still under investigation.
• There was a call of a break and enter to a building under renovation at 11:25 a.m. at the zero block of Ross Street West. Several doors were kicked in. It is still under investigation.
• At 1:42 p.m. a woman came into the police station with a letter from someone saying they were SaskHealth and that she owed money. Police contacted SaskHealth and were advised it was a scam.
• At 3:48 p.m. there was a two-vehicle motor vehicle accident on Fourth Avenue Northeast at Athabasca Street East. There were no injuries and $20,000 damage. Police issued one charge of disobeying a stop sign.
• At 4:46 p.m. at the 700 block of Ominica Street East, police found a purse turned in, located the owner and returned the purse to her.
• Police seized a vehicle from a suspended and impoundable driver at 7:02 p.m. on Main Street North at Hall Street West. The impound is 30 days.
• Police provided breath tech for another police agency at 7:30 p.m.
• At 9:22 p.m. at the 1200 block of Albert Street, there was a two-vehicle motor vehicle accident. There were no injuries and the damage is estimated at $3,000. Police gave no charges because of poor road conditions.
• At 9:32 p.m. at the 1300 block of Second Avenue Northwest police seized a vehicle for misuse of plates on an unregistered vehicle. It was towed and the matter is still under investigation.
• Police attended and mediated a disturbance at 11:05 p.m. at the 500 block of Home Street West. The parties were separated and no charges were laid.
• Police mediated a disturbance at 12:55 a.m. on Saturday at the zero block of Manitoba Street East. A man was taken to the Moose Jaw Union Hospital for stitches and left in the care of a family member.
• At 2:10 a.m. an intoxicated man fell on the road on Manitoba Street East. He was taken home and left in the care of a sober family member.
• At 2:21 a.m. at the zero block of Fairford Street East an unknown man assaulted men. Police are checking for video footage and it is still under investigation.
• At 2:35 a.m. at the 1400 block of Ninth Avenue Northeast police received a report of fare fraud. A man didn’t pay for his taxi fare. The matter is still under investigation.
• At 3:48 a.m. at the zero block of River Street East, police received a noise complaint. A woman was warned under the noise bylaw.
• Police issued three warrants to people who failed to show up at the police station for fingerprinting.