The Moose Jaw Fire Department responded to a rubbish fire on River Street East at 6:59 p.m. on Friday.
Fire crews responded to Zellers for a gas detector smell at 10:39 a.m. on Saturday.
Engines responded to St. Joseph’s Parish Church at 6:04 p.m. on Saturday for alarms ringing. A portable cooker burnt food.
The Moose Jaw Police Service responded to 43 calls between 7 a.m. Friday and 7 a.m. Saturday. The calls included:
• Police responded to the 800 block of Eighth Avenue Northwest to assist EMS with a patient at 7:04 a.m. Friday.
• There was a hit and run at the zero block of Thatcher Drive East at 9:50 a.m. There was minor damage to a vehicle parked in the parking lot. It is still under investigation.
• Police received a report of a theft of taillights off a vehicle at 10:42 a.m. on the 400 block of River Street East. Estimated loss is $225 and it is still under investigation.
• There was a call of a break and enter to a building under renovation at 11:25 a.m. at the zero block of Ross Street West. Several doors were kicked in. It is still under investigation.
• At 1:42 p.m. a woman came into the police station with a letter from someone saying they were SaskHealth and that she owed money. Police contacted SaskHealth and were advised it was a scam.
• At 3:48 p.m. there was a two-vehicle motor vehicle accident on Fourth Avenue Northeast at Athabasca Street East. There were no injuries and $20,000 damage. Police issued one charge of disobeying a stop sign.
• At 4:46 p.m. at the 700 block of Ominica Street East, police found a purse turned in, located the owner and returned the purse to her.
• Police seized a vehicle from a suspended and impoundable driver at 7:02 p.m. on Main Street North at Hall Street West. The impound is 30 days.
• Police provided breath tech for another police agency at 7:30 p.m.
• At 9:22 p.m. at the 1200 block of Albert Street, there was a two-vehicle motor vehicle accident. There were no injuries and the damage is estimated at $3,000. Police gave no charges because of poor road conditions.
• At 9:32 p.m. at the 1300 block of Second Avenue Northwest police seized a vehicle for misuse of plates on an unregistered vehicle. It was towed and the matter is still under investigation.
• Police attended and mediated a disturbance at 11:05 p.m. at the 500 block of Home Street West. The parties were separated and no charges were laid.
• Police mediated a disturbance at 12:55 a.m. on Saturday at the zero block of Manitoba Street East. A man was taken to the Moose Jaw Union Hospital for stitches and left in the care of a family member.
• At 2:10 a.m. an intoxicated man fell on the road on Manitoba Street East. He was taken home and left in the care of a sober family member.
• At 2:21 a.m. at the zero block of Fairford Street East an unknown man assaulted men. Police are checking for video footage and it is still under investigation.
• At 2:35 a.m. at the 1400 block of Ninth Avenue Northeast police received a report of fare fraud. A man didn’t pay for his taxi fare. The matter is still under investigation.
• At 3:48 a.m. at the zero block of River Street East, police received a noise complaint. A woman was warned under the noise bylaw.
• Police issued three warrants to people who failed to show up at the police station for fingerprinting.
The Moose Jaw Police Service responded to 26 calls between 7 a.m. on Saturday and 7 a.m. on Sunday. The service calls included:
• At 8:33 p.m. Saturday police responded to the theft of license plate R4641 at the zero block of Athabasca Street West. There are no suspects at this time and it is still under investigation.
• Police responded to the zero block of Ross Street West at 9:12 p.m. to a break and enter into a vacant building. The windows were left open, which caused pipes to freeze. The damage is undetermined as this time. It is still under investigation.