Moose Jaw Police Service
Moose Jaw police, fire and ambulance responded to a garage fire on the 1600 block of Glendale Street late Wednesday evening.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, started when a snowmobile’s gas leak was ignited by an electric heater.
The fire was extinguished by the Fire Department. Damage is estimated at $50,000.
The Moose Jaw Fire Department responded to the aforementioned garage fire on the 1600 block of Glendale Street late evening Jan. 2.
Moose Jaw Police Service responded to 36 calls for service between 7 a.m. Wednesday and 7 a.m. Thursday, including four hit and runs, a disturbance call, a noise complaint and providing assistance to the Moose Jaw Fire Department with the aforementioned garage fire.
Police are still investigating the hit and runs, the disturbance call, a suspicious occurrence involving a man in a car approaching a female shoveller and making rude comments, and a dispute in which a man spat in another’s face.
Police also assisted Regina Police Service in locating a vehicle that fled Regina, assisted the Moose Jaw EMS, towed a vehicle that had been parked on the street without moving for over two months, issued a warning under the noise bylaw and a warrant for a man who did not attend for fingerprinting.