Moose Jaw Police Service
• On Tuesday, at around 4:30 p.m. Moose Jaw EMS responded to a three vehicle collision at 16th Avenue Southwest and Wellington Drive. An east bound car hit a south bound half ton truck on its right side, pushing the truck into the opposite lane where it ran head on into a north bound backhoe. The driver of the truck was transported by EMS paramedics with non life threatening injuries.
Moose Jaw Police Service received 19 calls between 7 a.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m. Wednesday.
• Police are investigating a theft on the zero block of Woodlily Drive.
• A hit and run is being investigated on the 200 block of First Avenue Northwest.
• Police are investigating a report of fraud involving a credit card on the 500 block of Lillooet Street West.
• Police are investigating an erratic driver on the zero block of Manitoba Street East.
• A three vehicle collision with injuries, resulted in $25,000 in damage on Wellington Drive at 16th Avenue Southwest.
• A hit and run resulted in $1,500 in damage on the 400 block of Iroquois Street West.
• Police are investigating a theft of medication from a vehicle on the 300 block of River Street East.
• One person was arrested on warrants and released for court for another date.
Reminder: Vehicle collisions only need to be reported to police when:
a. If a vehicle needs a tow
b. If there are injuries
c. If the vehicle involved is from out of province
d. If the driver of the vehicle is impaired.
e. If the collision is a hit and run.
Otherwise, If members of the public have a collision that don’t meet the above five criteria, they do not have to report the collision to police and they can simply exchange names with the other party involved and report the collision to SGI.