Moose Jaw Fire Department
Moose Jaw Fire Department responded to one 911 call and four service calls, including a two vehicle collision at the intersection of Thatcher Drive and Simcoe Street.
• Engines responded to a call of activated fire alarms on the 100 block of Fairford Street West.
• A report of smoke was responded to on the zero block of Main Street North.
• A malfunctioning alarm system was investigated on the 200 block of Mulberry Lane.
Moose Jaw Police Service received 42 calls between 7 a.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday.
• Police assisted Moose Jaw Fire Department with two residential fires.
• One response to locate a missing eight-year-old, who was located.
• Five calls to attend motor vehicle collisions, including one injury and charges under the traffic safety act. One of the calls was a hit and run.
• There were seven persons charged for failing to attend court or for failing to attend for fingerprints.
• One call for service was to locate a possible impaired driver.
• One person was charged for failing to comply with a breath demand.
• One vehicle was seized for being parked in violation of the traffic bylaw.
• Police were called to investigate a report of business fraud.
• There was a request to assist another police agency with service of court documents.
• There were three false alarms, one of which was a mistaken 911 call.
• There were two assault investigations.
• Three persons are being investigated or charged for violating their court orders.
• One person was detained for being intoxicated.