Moose Jaw Police Service
The Moose Jaw Police Service responded to 37 calls for service during the 24 hour period of 7 a.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday.
• Officers assisted other police agencies in investigations regarding a dangerous driver, breaching a court order and an impaired driver.
• One person was detained due to intoxication. He was held until sober.
• There were three motor vehicle collisions investigated with one vehicle towed, a person receiving non-life threatening injuries and several charges issued under the Traffic Safety Act.
• One person was charged for impaired driving after being involved in another motor vehicle collision.
• There were three alcohol road-side screening tests conducted resulting in two persons receiving licence suspensions and a vehicle seized.
• There were three other vehicle’s seized due to two parked in violation of the parking bylaw and a third being operated by a SGI prohibited driver.
• Two mischief calls were investigated; one for a broken window and the other involving damage to a vehicle.
• Police responded to a break and enter in progress, and is still under investigation.
• There were two reported thefts from businesses; one concerned missing money while the other was a shoplifter.
• Police took active preventive intervention towards a person wanting to commit suicide.
• Police are investigating two incidents of persons not adhering to their court orders.
• Officers responded in mediating two disputes.
• There was one false alarm responded to.