Senator Pamela Wallin coming to Moose Jaw

Moose Jaw Times Herald - Editorial Staff
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Senator Pamela Wallin

Well known author, diplomat and former broadcaster Senator Pamela Wallin is visiting Moose Jaw on Wednesday.

"We're pretty tickled she has time to stop by," Conservative candidate and Palliser MP Ray Boughen told the Times-Herald.

Boughen said Wallin is a bit of a celebrity and many Moose Javians would likely enjoying hearing her speak. The presentation is open to the public and will be held at the Heritage Inn at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Tickets cost $20, payable at the door.

According to Boughen, the Conservative senator's visit to Saskatchewan should help spread the Conservatives message in Palliser. Wallin is part of the Conservative's Saskatchewan caucus that Boughen chairs.

"Sen. Wallin is proud to call this part of Saskatchewan home, and I am sure that the Friendly City will welcome her visit."

For more on this story, read an upcoming edition of the Times-Herald.

Organizations: Conservative House of Commons, Times-Herald

Geographic location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada New York Friendly

• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments

Recent comments

• DP
    April 15, 2011 - 13:37

Oh Bro, it actually was the Conservative government being found in contempt of parliament that triggered a non-confidence vote, and hence the election. Elections by the way are a part of democracy, and while they do cost money, its no more than a governing party can waste in a day or two, so put that in your pipe and smoke it. Pam Wallin on the other-hand does get my dander up. She lives (and has for a long time) in Ottawa. She should not be allowed to claim to be the senator from Saskatchewan.

• Anna
    April 12, 2011 - 22:47

Ha ha ha! And she wants $20 (!!!) for selling her c**p? I mean - seriously? You have to pay to see your politician? Then we know very well whose politician she is NOT - those who are not able to spend $20 to listen to her.

• Bro
    April 12, 2011 - 19:15

Hey DICK, you are away to uptight. What part of I have NO political affilations don't you understand..I dislike them all regardless of the party and the Conservatives are no exception. Please for the love of God relax about who's coming to Moose Jaw and for what reason it's no big deal. I would say this much thou if there were an independant running in Palliser they'd get my vote. In the meantime Dicky boy, chill out!

• Spo Oner
    April 12, 2011 - 13:31

Okay so Pamela Wallin is a conservative senator. The senate is still in session. Why is she out canvassing votes for the Conservatives on our dime. She should stay in Ottawa and do some real work. Some Liberal and Conservative senators are working full time as staffers on campaigns while still being paid their senate wage.

• Moose Jaw Bob
    April 12, 2011 - 09:57

I take excepton to Pamela Wallin calling this part of Saskatchewan home. It is true that Pamela Wallin did go to high school here but it was only a short term residence. As far as Pam stating this is home for her, I wonder if she would like to tell us of her exploits here locally as a teenager? Using this reasoning the case could also be made that Moose Jaw is home for another former resident - Graham Michael James - that I think most people would just like to forget. A quick look at her web-site will quickly reveal that she herself lists Wadena and Toronto as her two places of residence. If I am not mistaken Wadena is not in this region of the province but near Yorkton. I know that there are those community boosters out there that like to say Moose Jaw is the centre of the known universe, but this is really stretching things.

• Dick P
    April 11, 2011 - 21:02

So Bro I take it you have crawled right into bed with the federal conservatives. Are you one of those die hard conservative groupies that really enjoys the whipping Harper is putting on us? You condone all his acts of abuse of our system? Pay out hush money to shut people up.Promises an elected senate and proceeds to appoints tons of his conservative buddies into the senate.The possible misuse of funds to the tune of 50 million with the G8. Maybe these guys make you all warm and fuzzy inside but I call them as I see them.

• Jason
    April 11, 2011 - 20:40

In a way, this announcement is actually good news for the campaign of Noah Evanchuk. Obviously Stephen Harper is nervous about losing this riding back to the NDP if he's sending in big names like Pamela Wallin to help out Mr. Boughen in what a riding many predict could flip this election.

• Bro.
    April 11, 2011 - 19:03

Holly cow Dick, Take it easy would ya or ease up on the caffine. That's pretty nasty if you ask me. It's quite apparent that your an old school NDP supporter but you need to remember it was Jack and Mike who caused this election that will end up costing us all millions. I have no political affilations but if you ask me Canada doesn't have anyone leading a party that isn't self serving and crooked so keep that in mind ...exception would the Green party but the other ones forget it man.

• Dick P
    April 11, 2011 - 17:35

Put Harpers` lap puppy back on the plane along with Boughen and send them packing. Wallin may be from here but after her appointment to the senate she became part of the problem. Anyone and I mean anyone associated with this conservative government should go into hiding.They do not deserve our support. Boughen has done little for this city and Wallin jumping on Boughens` bus should feel right at home with the likes of him and Harper. So Wallin, Boughen and harper; go ahead belly up to the trough but you won`t find much support in this town for the federal government we have had the last 5-6 years. Term is up on the Harper Government and they`re pets. No free ride for Boughen on the backs of good Canadians

• dac