© Times-Herald photo by Nathan Liewicki
Moose Jaw firefighters look on as an excavator tears down Jubilee Block at approximately 8:30 a.m. Thursday. Fire and smoke ripped through four businesses and many reidences late Wednesday night and into the early hours of Thursday morning.
Four businesses, 20 people displaced
Moose Jaw lost a piece of its heritage Wednesday night.
Built in 1906, the Jubilee Block went up in flames between approximately 10:30 and 11 p.m. Emergency personnel arrived shortly before flames were visible.
- Read more special articles:
- Lost to the fires on High Street West
- Twenty residents affected by blaze
- Loss of century-old Jubilee Block a cultural blow
- Moose Jaw community rallies for fire victims
Nathan Liewicki can be reached at 306-691-1256 or follow him on Twitter @liewicks
With files from Justin Crann and Matthew Gourlie.