Informing people about a Registered Disability Savings Plan

Lisa Goudy
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Any Canadian resident with a social insurance number who is eligible for the disability tax credit and is under age 60 can start a Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP).

Mark Green, financial advisor and life insurance agent with Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. in Regina, made a presentation to a small group of people  on Wednesday at the South Saskachewan Independent Living Centre (SSILC).

The beneficiary is the person who will receive money in the future. The holder is the legally authorized person or organization to open and manage the RDSP on the beneficiary's behalf.

The holder and anyone with written permission from the holder can contribute to an RDSP.

The amount of grant or bond that a beneficiary qualifies for depends on family income. The federal government will contribute $1,000 a year even if the holder doesn't contribute any money.

Stay tuned for the full story.

Organizations: South Saskachewan Independent Living Centre, Desjardins Financial Security Investments

Geographic location: Regina

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page