The following items are on the agenda for Monday’s regular council committee meeting at 6:30 p.m. at city hall:
© Times-Herald photo by Lisa Goudy
City hall is seen on Monday.
• Councillors will make additional appointments to the city’s boards, committees and commissions.
• Council will consider the recent decisions of the development appeals board.
• Council will discuss a letter from Heather Hodgson, director of the Temple Gardens Ballroom Rockin’ Celebration Inc., requesting an exemption to the noise bylaw for an outdoor dance on Aug. 30.
• Councillors will discuss the reports of the recent meetings of executive committee and the economic development commission.
• Motions will be considered to appoint Coun. Candis Kirkpatrick as deputy mayor, Coun. Heather Eby as chairperson of the executive committee and Coun. Dawn Luhning as chairperson of the personnel committee with terms set to start on Sept. 1 and run until Oct. 31.
• Councillors will give third reading to the property maintenance and nuisance bylaw.
• There are two written answers to enquiries to be considered at the meeting, one regarding water main breaks and the other regarding land development funds..
• Immediately following the council meeting is an executive committee meeting. The only item on the agenda is a report from the parks and recreation department regarding orders issued under the city bylaw for properties on Holly Crescent who have trees planted behind fences on city property.