Oh the horror! Our stores are quickly filling up with zombies, vampires and witches, but it’s way too soon. Let’s hope they melt away in the summer heat so that we can enjoy the rest of summer before winter steals it away
Halloween is two months away, yet were already being subjected to the holiday. Hello! We haven’t even made it to Labour Day yet.
By the time Oct. 31 rolls around, we’re going to be so sick and tired of looking at anything orange that we’re going to be begging for Hollow’s Eve to be over with.
Celebrating too soon can easily take the fun away from the actual day. But how soon is it to start enjoying Halloween? Here are 10 signs you’re celebrating too early:
10) Your pumpkin is currently rotting on the front porch, and has become a midnight snack for the neighbourhood rodents.
9) The Halloween candy you bought a week ago has already melted.
8) The Ghost Tour passes your house every Friday and Saturday because Moose Jaw thinks it’s haunted, but really you’ve just decorated for Halloween.
7) You spend your lunch breaks not planning what you’ll be doing for Labour Day weekend, but scouring the Internet for costume ideas.
6) You answer your phone calls with “Trick or treat?”
5) Monster Mash is playing on repeat on the Halloween mix CD you’ve made for yourself to get yourself in the spirit. (Not that you need it.)
4) You have recently watched Hocus Pocus.
3) Instead of grilling hotdogs by the pool, you wrap them up in croissant dough then bake them to look like mummies.
2) The guest list to your annual Halloween party is already finalized and the invitations have been sent out.
1) You keep ordering pumpkin spiced lattes from Starbucks, even though the barista keeps telling you it’s a fall drink, not a summer one.
Mickey Djuric can be reached at 306-691-1263 or @Mickey_MJTimes.