UPDATED: Munroe pleads guilty to theft, driving while disqualified

Nathan Liewicki
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Three charges stayed after Thursday theft, michief

Jamie Munroe appeared in Moose Jaw Provincial Court Friday.

Moose Jaw Provincial Court

The 19-year-old was facing two charges of theft over $5,000, one charge of mischief over $5,000, driving while disqualified and failure to remain at the scene of a collision when he appeared before the courtroom.

Munroe exited after pleading guilty to one count of theft over $5,000 and driving while disqualified stemming from an incident that occurred in the middle of broad daylight Thursday afternoon.

The other three charges were stayed by the Crown.

At around 3 p.m., Munroe stole a pickup truck and trailer from the 200 block of Oxford Street West. After driving northeast to the 1100 block of Alder Avenue, he unhitched the trailer before speeding away.

However, the trailer didn’t stay put. Instead, it rolled down a hill and into a parked car, which resulted in an estimated $5,000 damage.

The value of the stolen property was approximately $20,000.

Members of the Moose Jaw Police Services’ Community Policing, K-9 and Criminal Investigation divisions investigated the incidents.

They located Munroe along the zero block of Athabasca Street West and a foot pursuit ensued. He was apprehended on the 300 block of Stadacona Street East without incident.

Munroe agreed to be remanded in custody until his next court appearance, which will take place April 30 in Regina Provincial Court. 

Crown prosecutor Rob Parker told the Times-Herald Munroe has outstanding charges in the Queen City and asked to have all of his matters settled there.

Nathan Liewicki can be reached at 306-691-1256 or follow him on Twitter @liewicks

Geographic location: Alder Avenue, Stadacona Street East

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page



Recent comments

  • mik
    April 25, 2014 - 22:38

    The reason the trailer did not stay put was because it was not actually unhitched correctly from the truck. He pulled off all connections but was unable to lower the trailers front support. So he pulled the pin in the receiver and pulled away. Soon after the trailer separated from the truck while it was in motion.